The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades with Church Feasts in 12 border scenes
Second quarter of the 19th century. Palekh.
Size: 36 х 31 х 3 cm
Wood (one whole panel), two incut support planks, absence of an incut centerpiece, underlying layer of canvas not visible, gesso, tempera.
The author’s paintwork is very well preserved. Small fallouts of gesso on the borders, slight chafing of the paint, few fragments of darkened varnish (olifa) that were missed at restoration.ASK A QUESTION
Write to us if you want to buy this product.
The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades with Church Feasts
Diagram of the border scenes:
- The Nativity of the Mother of God;
- The Entrance of the Mother of God into the Temple;
- The Annunciation;
- The Nativity of Christ;
- Candlemas (The Meeting of Christ in the Temple);
- Theophany (The Baptism of Christ);
- The Entrance into Jerusalem;
- The Ascension;
- The Old Testament Trinity;
- The Transfiguration;
- The Dormition of the Mother of God;
- The Elevation of the Holy Cross.