The Crucifixion with the Passions of Christ and Church Feasts in 16 border scenes
Centerpiece of the religious icon: around the middle of the 17th century. Volga region (possibly Yaroslavl).
Borders of the religious icon: 19th-century antique restoration.
Size: 40 х 33.5 х 3 cm
Wood (one whole board), two incut support boards, a shallow incut centerpiece, canvas not visible, gesso, tempera.
The author’s paintwork is in a satisfactory state, partially chafed. There are also numerous small fallouts of gesso and paint. The given hand-painted Orthodox icon went through ‘antique restoration’ in the 19th century; paintwork on the borders was completely restored, partially afflicting the border scenes. The gold background, halos of the saints, and the gold graphics of the vestments were also redone in this period.ASK A QUESTION
Write to us if you want to buy this product.
The Crucifixion with the Passions of Christ and Church Feasts
Diagram of the border scenes:
- The Raising of Lazarus;
- The Entrance into Jerusalem;
- The Washing of the Feet;
- The Last Supper;
- The Prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane;
- The Betrayal of Judas;
- The Bringing of Christ before Caiaphas;
- The Bringing of Christ before Pilate;
- Judas receives the 30 pieces of silver;
- Judas repents and returns the blood money;
- The Mockery of Jesus;
- The Carrying of the Christ;
- Joseph asks Pilate for the body of Christ;
- The Taking Down of Jesus from the Cross;
- The Entombment of Christ;
- The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades.