The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades, with Church Feasts and the Four Evangelists in 16 border scenes
Antique Russian icon. First quarter of the 19th century. Palekh.
Size: 35 х 30.5 х 2 cm
Wood (one whole panel), two incut profiled support boards, absence of the incut centerpiece, underlying layer of canvas is not visible, gesso, tempera, gold.
The author’s paintwork is well preserved. Chafing and small fallouts of paint are minimal.ASK A QUESTION
Write to us if you want to buy this product.
The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades, with Church Feasts and the Four Evangelists
Diagram of the border scenes:
- The Nativity of the Mother of God;
- The Entrance of the Mother of God into the Temple;
- The Old Testament Trinity;
- The Annunciation;
- The Nativity of Christ;
- Candlemas (The Meeting of Christ in the Temple);
- The Theophany (The Baptism of Christ);
- The Entrance into Jerusalem;
- The Transfiguration;
- The Ascension;
- The Dormition of the Mother of God;
- The Raising of Lazarus;
- The Beheading of John the Baptist;
- The Crucifixion;
- The Pokrov (Feast of the Protective veil of the Mother of God);
- The Elevation of the Holy Cross;
- The Evangelist John the Theologian;
- The Evangelist Matthew;
- The Evangelist Mark;
- The Evangelist Luke.