The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades, with Church Feasts in 12 border scenes
Antique Russian icon. Second quarter of the 19th century. St. Petersburg or Moscow.
Size: 36 х 30.5 х 2.5 cm
Wood (three panels), two incut profiled support boards, absence of an incut centerpiece, underlying layer of gesso not visible, gesso, tempera, gold.
The author’s paintwork is in very good state, with only several places with small fallouts of the paint.ASK A QUESTION
Write to us if you want to buy this product.
The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades, with Church Feasts
Diagram of the border scenes:
- The Nativity of the Mother of God;
- The Entrance of the Mother of God into the Temple;
- The Annunciation;
- The Nativity of Christ;
- Candlemas (The Meeting of Christ in the Temple);
- The Theophany (The Baptism of Christ);
- The Entrance intro Jerusalem;
- The Transfiguration;
- The Ascension;
- The Old Testament Trinity;
- The Dormition of the Mother of God;
- The Elevation of the Holy Cross.