The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades, with the Holy Trinity and the Church Feasts in 16 border scenes
Antique Russian icon. Last quarter – end of the 18th century. Palekh.
Size: 36 х 30 cm
Wood (one whole panel), two incut profiled support boards, a shallow incut centerpiece, underlying layer of canvas is not visible, gesso, tempera, gold.
The author’s paintwork is in an overall good state with only several small fallouts of the paint in places, chafing on the sides, several restoration tonings on the borders of the religious icon panel.ASK A QUESTION
Write to us if you want to buy this product.
The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades, with the Holy Trinity and the Church Feasts
Diagram of the border scenes:
- The Nativity of the Mother of God;
- The Entrance of the Mother of God into the Temple;
- The Old Testament Trinity;
- The Annunciation;
- The Nativity of Christ;
- Candlemas (The Meeting of Christ in the Temple);
- The Theophany (The Baptism of Christ);
- The Entrance into Jerusalem;
- The Transfiguration;
- The Ascension;
- The Dormition of the Mother of God;
- The Raising of Lazarus;
- The Beheading of John the Baptist;
- The Pokrov (Feast of the Protective veil of the Mother of God);
- The Fiery Ascent of the Prophet Elias;
- The Elevation of the Holy Cross;
- The Holy Trinity (Enthronement).