The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades, with the Church Feasts and the Four Evangelists in 12 border scenes
Antique Russian icon. Second half – end of the 19th century.
Size: 22 х 17.5 х 1.7 cm
Wood (one whole panel), no support boards or incut centerpiece, underlying layer of canvas is not visible, gesso, tempera.
The author’s paintwork is in an overall good state with only slight chafing and fallouts of paint, predominantly on the borders of the religious icon panel.
The reverse of the panel has several inscriptions: “№ 4196” made in pencil in the upper left corner; “Ф В” – to the right, in the center. In the left part, a nearly faded ink inscription made in three lines: “Ф / праз[ники] икону / [ ]я у[ ]ья.” In the center, there is also another faded pencil inscription.ASK A QUESTION
Write to us if you want to buy this product.
The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades, with the Church Feasts and the Four Evangelists
Diagram of the border scenes:
- The Nativity of the Mother of God;
- The Entrance of the Mother of God into the Temple;
- The Annunciation;
- The Nativity of Christ;
- Candlemas (The Meeting of Christ in the Temple);
- The Theophany (The Baptism of Christ);
- The Entrance into Jerusalem;
- The Transfiguration;
- The Ascension;
- The Holy Trinity;
- The Dormition of the Mother of God;
- The Elevation of the Holy Cross.