The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades, with Church Feasts in 12 border scenes
Antique Russian icon: middle – second half of the 19th century. Mstyora (?). Oklad cover: end of the 17th century.
Size: 31 х 27 х 3 cm
Wood (one whole panel), two incut smooth support board (the top one is now lost), the shallow incut centerpiece, underlying layer of gesso is not visible, gesso, tempera. Oklad cover: white metal, embossment, silver plating, engraving.
The author’s paintwork is chafed in places and covered with a crazing net; small fallouts of gesso across the entire surface. Small restoration tonings. The oklad cover is in a good state. Part of the surface has darkened. Small losses of metal of the side panels, coming up to the border scenes.ASK A QUESTION
Write to us if you want to buy this product.
The Resurrection – The Harrowing of Hades, with Church Feasts
Diagram of the border scenes:
- The Nativity of the Mother of God;
- The Entrance of the Mother of God into the Temple;
- The Annunciation;
- The Nativity of Christ;
- Candlemas (The Meeting of Christ in the Temple);
- The Theophany (The Baptism of Christ);
- The Entrance into Jerusalem;
- The Transfiguration;
- The Ascension;
- The Old Testament Trinity;
- The Dormition of the Mother of God;
- The Elevation of the Holy Cross.