The Resurrection of Christ, with Church Feasts in 12 border scenes
Antique Russian icon. End of the 19th – early 20th century.
Size: 14 х 11 сm – the icon; 23 х 20 cm – the frame.
Icon: wood (one whole panel), absence of the incut centerpiece, underlying layer of canvas is not visible, gesso, oil.
Frame: wood, carving, gesso, gold.
The author’s paintwork is in an overall good condition, still under the darkened layer of varnish. There is slight chafing of the paint.ASK A QUESTION
Write to us if you want to buy this product.
The Resurrection of Christ, with Church Feasts
Diagram of the border scenes:
- The Nativity of the Mother of God;
- The Entrance of the Mother of God into the Temple;
- The Annunciation;
- The Nativity of Christ;
- Candlemas (The Meeting of Christ in the Temple);
- The Theophany (The Baptism of Christ);
- The Transfiguration;
- The Entrance into Jerusalem;
- The Ascension;
- The Old Testament Trinity;
- The Dormition of the Mother of God;
- The Elevation of the Holy Cross.