Creative Ideas to Style Your Home with Wall Art
Have you been thinking about wall art ideas? If so, you’ve come to the right place because wall art is the perfect way to add color and texture to any room or space. If you aren’t sure where to start when it comes to inspirational wall art ideas, then here are some things that might help.
- Create a gallery wall by hanging your favorite photos in a grid pattern.
- Try mounting your artwork on wood panels — it’s an easy way to create a professional look without spending too much time on it.
- Use wire to create interesting shapes and designs around your photos or paintings, then hang them on the wall with wire as well.
- You can also use wire to create frames around pictures by wrapping it around a piece of cardboard and securing it with tape (you can glue it if you’d like).
- Make an ombre effect by alternating different colors of paint on your canvas or paper — you can even paint stripes or dots if you’d like.
- Create a fun shadow box by covering an empty box with fabric and decorating it however you want. This is a great idea if you have any old toys lying around that need new homes.
- Wrap twine around an empty frame for an easy way to add style.
- Create a shadow box to display your favorite small objects.
- Turn an old dresser into a shelf for displaying books and pictures.
- Repurpose an antique mirror to hang on the wall with a few hooks in the back.
- Use pieces of driftwood to create frames for photographs and art pieces.
- Make a collage out of magazine pages, wrapping paper, and other scraps to create a one-of-a-kind design on your wall.
- Find some wooden crates at your local craft store, paint them any color you like, then add photos or artwork inside each one for a unique display idea.
At the end of the day, it really comes down to what you want and what your space can accommodate. For smaller spaces, it makes sense to go for wall art. You don’t have to shop exclusively at one store either, so feel free to take a look around. The design wall is endless, and so are the designs you can find on it.